Set percentage of disk space used for client computer cache
This policy setting specifies the default percentage of total disk space that is allocated for the BranchCache disk cache on client computers.
If you enable this policy setting, you can configure the percentage of total disk space to allocate for the cache.
If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, the cache is set to 5 percent of the total disk space on the client computer.
Select one of the following:
- Not Configured. With this selection, BranchCache client computer cache settings are not applied to client computers by this policy. In the circumstance where
client computers are domain members but you do not want to configure a BranchCache client computer cache setting on all client computers, you can specify Not
Configured for this domain Group Policy setting, and then configure local computer policy to enable BranchCache client computer cache settings on individual client
computers. Because the domain Group Policy setting is not configured, it will not over-write the client computer cache setting that you use on individual client
- Enabled. With this selection, the BranchCache client computer cache setting is enabled for all client computers where the policy is applied. For example, if Set
percentage of disk space used for client computer cache is enabled in domain Group Policy, the BranchCache client computer cache setting that you specify in the
policy is turned on for all domain member client computers to which the policy is applied.
- Disabled. With this selection, BranchCache client computers use the default client computer cache setting of five percent of the total disk space on the client
In circumstances where this setting is enabled, you can also select and configure the following option:
- Specify the percentage of total disk space allocated for the cache. Specifies an integer that is the percentage of total client computer disk space to use for the
BranchCache client computer cache.
* This policy setting is supported on computers that are running Windows Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions with Background Intelligent Transfer
Service (BITS) 4.0 installed.
At least Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2*
In Registry Editor we can see the following changes:
For Enabled we get:
FullKeyPath : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\PeerDist\CacheMgr\Republication
ValueName : SizePercent
Value : 5